This is an analysis of the poem On The Great Atlantic Rainway that begins with:
I set forth one misted white day of June
Beneath the great Atlantic rainway, and heard:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaabbaabca XXXdaXdaacca Xeeccddbfaaf X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101101 01010101011 100111011 1111011010 011101001 1111111011 111010010101011 01111001010011 111110101101 11101111 11101101010101101 111101010101 1100100100100 01101011011010 10110111010 1010111010 11101000001001 0011101111001 1110101011 100010001110 110111100110 100011101 010000001010011 0111011101 1110101010000 101111111 010110010101 10100111101 11111110101 011101101111 11010011100111 1011000110 0111110110010 110111001001 111101010101 001111110101 10101010000101001011011001110111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 485
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Great Atlantic Rainway;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.