This is an analysis of the poem In Love with You that begins with:
O what a physical effect it has on me
To dive forever into the light blue sea...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcddefXfgbfehhh X digj X XXbkckXiXifffgXijbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,1,4,1,20,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110100010111 01010000111 0101011101 1111011111 001001010 01011010010 01001011101011 11001001011001 0101110111110 00011111100100010 10111011 0001001101010010 01010001001001 1111010111111 01111 1110010100101 111010010101 1 11101001111100010 0111001110100111 11111111011111011111 111101111011010 1 010010001101 110101011010011 01101010110100100110110 1010111010100101 0101010100100111001 111111111101101010110 0101010111110010 0111010110011001 1110 010110101 111 0101 011011 01101101110 101110110 1011010111 101 1011110 1111101111100011110000 111101101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 404
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; love, i, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, until are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Love with You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.