This is an analysis of the poem You Are My Half Moon that begins with:
That you are my half-moon, in my that half-sky.
When you smile staying in my bosom, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XXab caX XcbX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,3,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11111101111 111100110 011101011 01010 11100111000 1101101 100101 11010011111 1111011 111110001 1111001010 111111 111101 0010011 010010110110010100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Are My Half Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.