This is an analysis of the poem The Bird Pierced By An Arrow that begins with:
O bird! deprived of nest, and pierced
by an arrow in thy tender bosom! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdXacdbedbfXddggBdXXhibgBigXhXhaacgcggbiefcfb cXcbhgacagdXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 1110011010 1111111 01 11111111 10111101101 1110111 10011 0010111000101 0111001010 1110 111111110010 0010100110 1111110 1110100100 01010 111101011 1010101 1110110010 001010 1111111010 01001111101 1101111010 1100101111011 01010010101 01010010 1110110010 001010 011010101 111101 11101011 10010010 110010 111101101 1110 11110011 11011 11110111 1111011 1110101 11111011111 1111111 10111111 11011011110 1111101010 0111111 11101100100010 10 11111101 000111011 11110101 1101010 101101001 11010111 0100101 111111011 0101101001 0111111 1011010 0100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 780
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, my, thee, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word thou is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bird Pierced By An Arrow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.