This is an analysis of the poem Cruel Game that begins with:
Dreams want wedding, but separation as you wake up.
I take it a cruel game, though indifferently. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaX XaXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110101111 1100101110000 1111111 110100110 01111100101 110110010 1110110101111 01011 111010 11010 011010 0100101010100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cruel Game;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.