This is an analysis of the poem Opposites that begins with:
Walked out into the street... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abcb Adcd Aede Afaf Agdg AcXc Aaea Abeb adhdXabhb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010101 110001 11010101 111101 01010101 1100001 11010101 111101 011010101 010111 11110101 110101 01010101 010111 10110101 110101 011010101 111001 11010101 110101 01010101 110101 11011100 010101 011010101 111111 11011101 110101 01010101 111101 11010101 110111 111010101 110101 11010101 110101 11010101 110110 01110011 111100
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word she is repeated.
The author used the same words the, o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Opposites;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.