This is an analysis of the poem The Great Chance that begins with:
NOW strikes the hour upon the clock
The black sheep may rebuild the years...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gcgc ghgh ijij
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110100101 01110100 11010111 11010101 01011101 11010101 10010111 11010111 000100100 01010111 11110111 010101011 10010001 1001010101 01010110 01011101 11011101 01011101 01010101 100010101 11011101 00111101 11010101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Great Chance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Katharine Tynan
- Analysis of The Great May
- Analysis of The Colonists
- Analysis of The Last Question: (For B. A. Bingham)