This is an analysis of the poem The U-Boat Crew that begins with:
ALAS, alas for those blond boys who stalk
Their prey in ambush of the shuddering seas,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXcXXdXdefef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101111111 11011001001 1001010101 01110101100 0101010011 1101110101 10010101001 1101010100 1000101001001 1111001111 1101111000 0111010011 0111011101 1101110101 1111010111 11000100001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 697
- Average number of words per stanza: 123
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The U-Boat Crew;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.