This is an analysis of the poem April In September that begins with:
WHAT song is in the sap of this brave oak-tree
That to the north-star faces,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbbacdcdabebe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11000100111 1001110 100111101010 1101110 11110111010 11011101011 1001010 11111111010 0101010 10011111010 10110001011 1101010 11010111010 0111010 01010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 591
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of April In September;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.