This is an analysis of the poem Parker's Mountain that begins with:
It is the summer bears ruled, the last summer
of pure breathlessness...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcaXdXeXaffeaebXbbbXXfXdXcbbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00010110110 01100 111101100 10101001101 011011 00101110 1111101001 101010111011 1010011 110101110010 111001011 01111010 11011111 01001011101 10101101010 110100100010 11101010 11000011111 0101101 0111011101 0110111110 11110111 1011011111 111110 101101001 11010100101 00010101110001001 10100100100 011011111 001101101110 101010111010 1011101011 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1318
- Average number of words per stanza: 231
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Parker's Mountain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.