This is an analysis of the poem To A Night-Blooming Cereus. that begins with:
Beautiful flower, with petals white,
That only blooms in the hush of night, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeeff gghhcc aabbcc iiccaa ccjjaa Xahhcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 100100101 110100101 1100100111 010101101 11101101101 110100111 1111111111 1101100101 110101101 10101011001 11100110111 0110110101 111111101001 110100011 1101001010 11001011010 1101110111 1111100111 1001001101 11111100101 11111101111 110100111 1111111101 0100101111 11101001101 1101100101 0110101111 011110111 1010101101 011100101 111010111 111110111 1111101101 1101111001 110101101 111101101 1110110111 01101111101 11110011010 1101001010 1011101101 01001110011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words that, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines all is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Night-Blooming Cereus.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.