This is an analysis of the poem The Feast Of The Fairies that begins with:
One holy-night the fays convened,
All in full mirth and glee;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcX aded afaf egbg afaf gccc cHDX hcXc dfef aaia fdid fggX cHDX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 101111 11010101 010100 01011111 110011 111100111 110101 11111101 110101 11010101 011101 11010001 0101001 11011101 01111 0111110 1010111 01010101 011101 01010011 110111 11110101 110101 1010011101 0101111 110111101 1110011 11111101 010101 11110111 110101 11010101 110101 11010101 110101 11010101 110101 01111101 001101 01111101 110011 01010101 010111 11110101 110101 110110101 1101010 110011101 0101111 110111101 1110011
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it, toss, we'll are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Feast Of The Fairies;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.