This is an analysis of the poem The Baby that begins with:
All this blessed summer morning,
With the golden sunlight round me, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdbbc eaefeacf geghgeih XXfbcaaX XaXbdahX aaXgeabgXfhegghig
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010 00101111 1111110000 0010100 00101010 11101111 10101111 1010101 11111010 10101110 10111010 1010101 11111010 111001010 00101010 1010101 11111111 11111010 11111010 1010001 11101110 10101110 10101010 1011101 10101100 01101100 11111110 0110101 11101010 011001010 10011010 1110101 11101110 01101010 11110101 110101001 101001010 01101010 00100110 1011000 11110010 01101010 10110010 1111111 11101010 11111110 111011001 1110111 11111110 10101010 11111010 1010101 11101010 10100110 11111010 0110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 270
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, not, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word with is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Baby;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.