This is an analysis of the poem I Must Learn To Live Without Thee that begins with:
I must learn to live without thee, must, unmurmuring, learn to wait
With my soul bowed down within me, weary, lone and desolate;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaaaa cXddeeff ggcchhaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101111000101 011110111011100 111111101010111 101011111111101 1010101001010101 101101101010001 011010101010101 101010101010111 111010111110101 111111110110101 1010101011111001 101101101110111 111011101011101 111110010100111001 111110111111111 1001000101110101 111010111111111 101010111011101 1010010111010111 101110110010101 101011100011011 101110111010101 111110101011101 111010101101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 516
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 64 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee, of, i, to, thou, wilt, me, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of I Must Learn To Live Without Thee;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.