This is an analysis of the poem Away! that begins with:
Away, away ! thou kneel'st in vain,
I will not hear thy plea;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcada efXffggg XfeXdgfg dXffhaca eahaXeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01011101 101111 11110101 010101 11111101 110111 11001111 1100101 01011111 010101 110001001 111101 11110111 1001101 11111111 111101 01011111 111101 11011111 1110111 11111111 010111 10111101 100101 01011111 0011101 11010111 111011 10110111 1100001 01110101 010110 01010101 110111 01011111 001101 01011100 011101 01011111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Away!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.