This is an analysis of the poem Apostrophe To The Galaxy that begins with:
What are ye, arrayed in your robings of white,
Beyond where the sun drinks in oceans of light;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccXb bbddee ffggaadd ffhhccddii jjhhiidd jjjjjjkk ffiiffXhhffhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,8,10,8,8,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11101011001 01101101001 01001101011 11001001110 01011001011 01001011001 11011011010 11101010011 11111001001 0101100101 11011011001 01101001001 11001111011 111011001001 11111111001 11101011001 111111011010 010010010110 01011001001 01011001001 10100110101 001001011001 11101101101 11111001001 101101101011 110001001011 01001001111 011101011011 01001011001 11001001001 01001011001 11001101011 01111111001 11011011001 11011001101 11001101101 01011001001 01001001001 11001111001 001101001101 10111111111 1100101001 11001100011110 010110110010 01011001001 01001001011 11001011101 11001111001 01001111101 11111011001 111001001111 001001001101 11001111001 01011011001 100111011101 11111011001 101101001001 10101011001 01101101101 01111001001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 352
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ye, of, with, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, a are repeated.
The author used the same word what at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apostrophe To The Galaxy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.