This is an analysis of the poem With Stopwatch In Hand that begins with:
Berlin, 22 September 1916.
On 17 September one of our ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXd bccb effe egge dhhd aiiaXcdic
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0110101 11010101 0011010 10100101 001001000 1110110 0011010100 1100010101 0111011101 1111010100 1101010001 1101110001 1111000101 11010001001 1101011111 11000101010 11011101010 0111010101 1111010101 1101010101 1101000101 1101010101 01110001010 1101110101 0111000101 11010001010 0111011101 11110101010 11110111110 1101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Stopwatch In Hand;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.