This is an analysis of the poem Before She Died that begins with:
When I look at the sky now, I look at it for you.
As if with enough attention, I could take it in for you....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bc cX bdXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011111011 100010101110011 01011110 01101110101 101011111100101 1101111010110 11110111110011 0101011010110 1100101101100 11101111101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines you, field are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Before She Died;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.