This is an analysis of the poem Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 04 - Pre Winter that begins with:
"Delightful are trees and fields with the outgrowth of new tender-leaves and crops, Lodhra trees are with their blossomy flowers, crops of rice...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 18
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 335
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 336 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 56
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, with, on, and, their, that, touch, women, lovemaking, to, pain, in, by, they, it, like, fragrant, bodies, these, her, hair, whose, night, lover, she, eyes, bosoms, examining, woman are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 04 - Pre Winter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Kalidasa
- Analysis of Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 03 - Pre Autumn
- Analysis of Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 05 - Winter
- Analysis of The Cloud Messenger - Part 02