This is an analysis of the poem Autumn that begins with:
HE autumn comes, a maiden fair
In slenderness and grace,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefggggXbfbfcece
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 010011 01011001 110001 010010101 111101 11001101 11001001 01010101 0100001 01010111 110101 110101001 100111 11010111 000101 10011101 1100001 10010101 010101 110100101 110111 11010101 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Kalidasa
- Analysis of Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 01 - Summer
- Analysis of The Cloud Messenger - Part 01
- Analysis of Waking