This is an analysis of the poem Louca that begins with:
Não, não é louco. O espírito somente
É que quebrou-lhe um elo da matéria....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X X X X a X X X X X X X X X X a X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110010 1101110110 10101101011 10001111010 100101101110 1101101 11011010110 11010110010 1101000110 1110110100 11101001000 11100010011100 100011110100 101111111000 1011110101001 1010011110 1001100110 10011101010 11111011010 1100111100 1001110011 110110100 1110100110 1100011100 110101001010 11001100010 1110011011010 1100110100110 1110110010 1101110110 10101101011 10001111010
- Amount of stanzas: 32
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 36
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, foi, mais, de, um, que are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words foi, agora, pode are repeated.
The author used the same words foi, agora, pode at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Louca;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.