This is an analysis of the poem The Saturday Night Song that begins with:
Hooray, the echo will resound throughout the wide square,
When a sincere drunkard's song emanates from my throat;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcXX dede Xfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101001101011 1001101100011 01101010101101 010110011011111 11010110100111 1010101001101 1111111001011 0110010010101 111101011101 111111101010111 1111000100111 1110111010001 1101111010110110 1101110010111 1111010100100110 1101101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 227
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i'll, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Saturday Night Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.