This is an analysis of the poem The Orphan's Friend that begins with:
Come all kind, good people,
With sympathizing hearts,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacccc abaXdebe acXcdXaX BfBfebec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 010101 11000111 010101 0101101 111001 10010001 100001 0100100 101001 1100101 100101 1111010 011101 0100111 111101 0100100 010111 11011010 111101 10111010 010110 1101011 010011 01001010 111101 01001010 100101 1101111 111101 1101011 1111001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 223
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; be, to are repeated.
The author used the same word be at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Orphan's Friend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.