This is an analysis of the poem I Am Seeking that begins with:
For years the snow has been falling,
The sky is so leaden and low,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbc adecd aefa edgedf dhbdahX b fX gXg echXbdfc Xb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,6,7,1,2,3,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10011010 01011011 110110 11101010010 11001010 01010001 111110101 001010101 110111101 111100101 11011010101 1110110 1010010 0010101 1111111 11101101 1011010 11001010100 1011101 0100101 110110010101 110111111110 11011010001001 10010101111101 1010011 010110110 01001100001 10001010101 011110111 1111110101 011111001 1101010111010 10101111001 1001111111 1101010101 101110100100 101111010000100 11111010101 1110101100111 110111 1111100 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, we, would, of, those, gods are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word those is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Am Seeking;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.