This is an analysis of the poem Empire In Winter that begins with:
Love equals people times the square of the speed
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXXXacbdXdeaXddccddbceccXXeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101001 01 01110101 11001010101 1001111010 01111101010 01110101101 0101010 1001 0111010101 1001010101 1101011101 001001010 1101 110100100011 10100111101 10001011 101 111001011110 1110011101 10111111 0101010101 0111001100 0111010101 0101010101 11 1101 11110 0011101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1002
- Average number of words per stanza: 177
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, words, our are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines words is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Empire In Winter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.