This is an analysis of the poem The Company Of Lovers that begins with:
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaXaXa XcbcXdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110101 101100 1101000101 01011100100 1111011101 1011110 0100100101 11010 1111010111 111111 1111010101 1101110111 1001011101 1011100101 11110100010 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 296
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Company Of Lovers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.