This is an analysis of the poem Blue Arab that begins with:
The small blue Arab stallion dances on the hill
like a glancing breaker, like a storm rearing in the sky,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101010101 10101010110001 00111110011 10010010010101 011101010111 100100111010 0101101010010 1010101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Blue Arab;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.