This is an analysis of the poem If I Were In Charge Of The World that begins with:
If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel oatmeal,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbcX AXaX AXXXXc Abdeeda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001001 11011 1110 10011101010 01001001 1001011 100101 101101011010 01001001 110110 11011 1101100 11011100 11010110 01001001 0101001111100100 1110101 10101010101 1010101 1100100 01001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, wouldn't, have, to, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, and are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If I Were In Charge Of The World;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Judith Viorst
- Analysis of Three (O'Clock) In The Morning
- Analysis of Remembrance Of Christmas Past
- Analysis of Anti-Heroine