This is an analysis of the poem Happiness (Reconsidered) that begins with:
Is a clean bill of health from the doctor,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbXc adXec aeXXXbdXcXcacacXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100 0011010010 101101111 1101 1110100101011 00111010 100 0100101100 11011010110 1111001111010 11111010010 111001 111011110 100101101 111001011010 010011101011 11001001011011 111001011011 1011 01111001001111 111001010010110 11111001001011 1110110111011 111010011110 01111100 111101 1010100 11000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 349
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Happiness (Reconsidered);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Judith Viorst
- Analysis of Fifteen, Maybe Sixteen Things To Worry About
- Analysis of The Pleasures Of Ordinary Life
- Analysis of Learning