This is an analysis of the poem Night Piece that begins with:
The sea with no waves we recognize,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abb CXbde dXaXXcaeaa CabbXaX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,5,10,7,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 010111101 0110101 1010111101 1111001 11101010001 10101111 101110110 101 0110 101 1001101 0110111 100101 001101010 11011 1010101 011 001001 1111001 0101111 1110001 11011011 111000101 01101110011010 1110101 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Night Piece;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Juan Ramón Jiménez
- Analysis of The Name Drawn From The Names
- Analysis of Epitafio Idea De Un Marinero
- Analysis of On The City Ramparts Of Cadiz