This is an analysis of the poem From Dreaming that begins with:
- No, no!
and the dirtyneck boy starts crying and running...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcddXddcXXABXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 101001110110 0110010010101 01 1110001 1101100111001 00101 1000111110100 100110110101 11110100101 00100100 11 101001110110 0110010010101 01010110011 0110010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 596
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines hands is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of From Dreaming;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.