This is an analysis of the poem One Man that begins with:
Suspicion comes and sits on his shoulder one morning,
Slowly with long, thin beak, it cleans his ear,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabac XbbXXc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101111010110 1001110101 101101001000110 00010001 110110 1111010011001001 1110111011111 1110111111101001 10110010111110 001111010101100110 11001000011010110010001 01001001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 226
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, with, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word when is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of One Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joy Goswami
- Analysis of The Burning Bird Drops
- Analysis of Anniversary
- Analysis of In The Evening Sadness Comes...