This is an analysis of the poem Narrator that begins with:
Ash moves in the room, printed in darkness
Paper, book, cover, painting, the call of dead birds---...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXc dXXec ebdc Xfgc fgdh bhaX bhag e X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,4,4,4,4,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110010 101101001011 10100011001001 110101011001 111001 110100 0111110110 11011111010101001 101010011111 11111 10111101101 0110101001010101 1011110101 11011100110110111101 101010101110 11010001 01001101001 111110110111 1011011011101 111101111 0110110111 100111101 1111101101 011001110 1100110110 100110101011 1011010111 101010011 1 1101001000110 0100100001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, room, you, where, tree are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Narrator;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.