This is an analysis of the poem Don’t Wait For Your Lover Any Longer that begins with:
Dusk has fallen. Go home.
Don’t wait any more....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXcXXXXaXX Xcab Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011 11101 111101 00101100101110 10010010 101111010 011111110101 010101 1011100101 011100010001 101100 11001000010110 11111111 0111010010 11011101101 001001111 0100100111001010101100010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; trees is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Don’t Wait For Your Lover Any Longer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.