This is an analysis of the poem The Theft that begins with:
PERFIDIOUS damsel, with thy dazzling eyes,
Those skill'd enchanters of a sunnier clime,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaXaXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010011001 1101000101 1111010101 0111100011 0101010101 0101010011 1101000101 1111010101 0111010101 0101000101 0101000110 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 519
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Theft;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.