This is an analysis of the poem The Outcast Flower that begins with:
YOU turn up your nose at me?
I suppose, I'm noisome and base?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb dece dfcf gfdf ecec Xhdh acXc icjc jXeg haea cigiXjcdcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 10101011 011111101 11011 0101111011 11101 001001001001 11001 0111111011 11001 0110111101 11001 110110110010 1111 0101101101 1111 01001001101 1111 0010111011 1111 1100101011 01011 11011001001 01101 0101101101 01011 1101111011 01001 0110111001 01011 1110101001 01011 1100101011 11101 10101111101 01000 0111101111 01000 1101101111 11111 0101111001 11001 01101011010 11111 1111111011 11001 1111111111 1 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Outcast Flower;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.