This is an analysis of the poem Psalm Vii that begins with:
On thee, O Lord my God, relies
My onely trust from bloudy spight;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXXc bdbdeX fcfcXX dadagg fgfggX agXgcc XebeXX cacaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 110010101 01110100 11110110 11110101 11111001 11010111 00110111 01010101 010101011 101011001 11011101 11110101 100111101 11011001 01111101 11011111 01110111 11111101 11011111 01011001 1111111 11101100 101011111 11110100 11011111 10010101 11010101 10111111 11110110 11010111 01011111 01111001 11011101 010101010 0100101010 10011110 110010111 11110001 11111101 11011111 11000110 10011101 01010101 01111111 1010101 100100110 110101000
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, me, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words if, his, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm Vii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.