This is an analysis of the poem The Bullfrog Bell that begins with:
Now the truce of night brings respite to the sordid care of day,
And in listlessness I pace the river side, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedecc fcfcccXffffcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011100010101 10100110101 101010101110101 10101001001 1010010101010111 0010101000111 101001101010101 10101010111 0101111011101 10101110101 10111010111101 1010101000111 101000101010001 10101010011 111010101110101 11111010110 11111010111101 1010101000111 111010101010011 10100010101 101000100101001 10100010101 111000101010101 0010101001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 325
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, may, its are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word bell at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bullfrog Bell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.