This is an analysis of the poem Elegy Of Lincoln that begins with:
Lincoln is gone — who ruled the Western Land
From the Pacific to the Atlantic's brim — ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeae fafa bdbd cgcg adad hghgXdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001110101 00010000101 11110010101 1101000101 1001111101 0101010101 110010100 1101010101 0101111101 01110001101 1101010101 1001010101 01010010101 0010010101 1101010111 0111010101 110011101 0101110101 1101110101 0101010101 0111010111 1110011101 1101010101 0101100101 1111011111 0101000101 0111000110 10111100001 1111110101 11010010111 1101000101 1101010111 1111010101 0101011001 1111110111 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 176
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, when, and are repeated.
The author used the same words lincoln, the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Elegy Of Lincoln;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.