This is an analysis of the poem Ungewisses Licht that begins with:
Bahnlos und pfadlos, Felsen hinan
Stürmet der Mensch, ein Wandersmann:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa XXaa bbXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101010 1111100 111001 100111011 1011111 10111101 1010101 10111011 1011101011 111101111 1111101101 101101011 1010011011 1111111111 111101100 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wie is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word st is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word fu at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ungewisses Licht;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joseph Christian Freiherr von Zedlitz
- Analysis of Vergangenheit
- Analysis of Verlust Und Ersatz
- Analysis of Vorwort [zu Romanzen. Balladen. Lieder.]