This is an analysis of the poem Der Gefangene that begins with:
Zwei alte hohe Burgen
Glänzen im Sonnenschein...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XXXa XbXb cXXX XXXX cXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 11100 100100 100111 1000110 111100 1010111 110101 1101010 11110001 1101010 10111 011110 11101 011110 101101 111110 010111 010111 111101 1101110 10111 1100110 110011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Gefangene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.