This is an analysis of the poem Angebinde that begins with:
Ein ehrend Kleinod möcht′ ich gern Dir geben,
Möcht Dir so gern, wie ich Dich liebe, zeigen;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010111110 1111111110 1111111110 1101111110 1111011101100 1111110110 101111110 111111110 11001110 1111111111100 11011001110 11111111010 1101011110 1101101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ich, der are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines en is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Angebinde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.