This is an analysis of the poem An Die Tadler that begins with:
Ihr schmäht, Ihr seht mich Eure Zeichen tragen,
Und dennoch sey ich Keiner von den Euern!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111111010 1101110111 1111111110 11011101100 11111101010 111111110 1100111011 1110011110 1110111110 111111110 111111101110 10111111010 110111011 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ich, nicht are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Die Tadler;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joseph Christian Freiherr von Zedlitz
- Analysis of An Donzeli Als Othello
- Analysis of An Grillparzer
- Analysis of An König Ludwig Von Bayern