This is an analysis of the poem The Winds that begins with:
People who storm of wild caves
Came out in fury,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABAC dXea aafa agaa aXhd ddXh aaaa ABAC edfh Xgab ighi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011011 11010 111110100 110 11111101 110 111011 0010 01111011 100010 1011101 110 1101010 101 11110010 111 100101 001 1100110 10 10101110 111 111111100 101 0101010100 0101 11111 0110 1011011 11010 111110100 110 11011001 001 111011010101 011 100110011 110 01010011111 00100 00100010001 0100 111011 10
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word is is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Winds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.