This is an analysis of the poem Ode that begins with:
The spacious firmament on high,
With all the blue ethereal sky,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaacc ddeeffdd ddccggfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010011 010101001 11010101 11010001 110010101 10101001 110001001 01010101 11010101 01110101 11000101 01010001 11011101 11010011 01010111 11010101 11010101 110101001 1111111 011100101 01011101 110101001 11010111 111110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 303
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Joseph Addison
- Analysis of A Poem To His Magesty, Presented To The Lord Keeper. To The Right Hon. Sir John Somers, Lord Keeper
- Analysis of To Mr. Dryden
- Analysis of An Account Of The Greatest English Poets