This is an analysis of the poem Isang Punungkahoy (A Tree) that begins with:
Kung tatanawin mo sa malayong pook,
ako'y tila isang nakadipang kurus; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000111001 1001010100010 110000110000 1011110 10011110100 11000011000 101100110010 100110110100 11010111010 100100110000 11101110000 11011101110 110010110110 1011010110100 110110101000 1001000110100 11100110100 100000101110 1011010110110 101110110110 101010110100 100100110010 101010110010 110110110110 101110110110 100110100010 101100110000 110110101100 11010011010 101010100100 1011010101100 1010100010110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; sa, ng, na are repeated.
The author used the same word sa at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Isang Punungkahoy (A Tree);
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.