This is an analysis of the poem Ang Posporo Ng Diyos (The Matchstick Of God) that begins with:
Sa dilim ng gabi'y may gintong nalaglag,
may apoy, may ilaw, galing sa itaas; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX aaXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101100110100 11011010110 11011011000 100110110100 1101100100110 10110101010 101110110100 10110110100 10110110110 101000110001 111100110010 1001100101100 100110110110 100110101100 1001000110100 100110110000 11011011000 11000111001 1100110010 111000101000 100010110001 100110101000 110010011011 100110110100 1001000110110 110000110100 11000010011 101000110011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; sa, may, ng are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ang Posporo Ng Diyos (The Matchstick Of God);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.