This is an analysis of the poem Recuerdos De Colegial that begins with:
Visiones fueron de alma soñadora
Las divinas mujeres que canté,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXbXXXXXXXXXcXXdXdXbXXXXXXaXdXXXXcXXaeXXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010010100 11110010011 101101011100100 11001100 0110011 1010010100 10001010010 1010 1001010 11110110 0111010 11011110100 11000110100 110011010 1101100 11010 1001100010 1110010000110 1101100 101 111001011100100 10010000101101 10 1100 01010 1010010001 10011101111000 101101 10 1110 11101111 10100 101011 0111 100100100 101000 011010 110010 1100 110111100 1110101011011 101111001 1110010 10 1010011111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1253
- Average number of words per stanza: 213
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ingrato is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word que is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Recuerdos De Colegial;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.