This is an analysis of the poem Duerme that begins with:
No duermas,— suplicante me decía
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100110 10100 101001011100 10100110 111011000100 11011010110 11011110 1101100111 11011110011100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, la are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word en is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines a is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Duerme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.