This is an analysis of the poem To The Fossil Flower that begins with:
Dark fossil flower! I see thy leaves unrolled,
With all thy lines of beauty freshly marked,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabcdeafcdXXXfcXbcXadfafefXaegcfhffafaiegbdhichafXcdhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 55,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110101111100 0111010101 1101011111 1111010101 1010011111 1111010011 1101011101 01010110001 11111111001 11001110011 11011010101 0101110001 1101110101 01000111110 0011011111 01010111010 11001111101 11000111001 1111011101 11010101101 1111011101 1111111101 1111111101 110111111 0111011111 0101010111 0111010101 10110110110 1001010101 0111010111 0101000100 1101010111 100100101101 11010011101 11001010111 111111101 1111010101 1101110101 1001010101 11110010111 1101010111 0101011101 11010100101 0111001101 1110010101 0101010101 1101110101 0101010111 0101010101 01010110111 0101010110 0110011101 01001010111 0101011101 1011111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2488
- Average number of words per stanza: 449
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Fossil Flower;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.